Coronavirus - What you need to know
The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a virus first detected in Wuhan, China, that has caused an outbreak of respiratory illness. The current outbreak has spread internationally, impacting an increasing number of countries. In the United States, imported cases of coronavirus infection in travelers have been detected and person-to-person spread of the virus also has been seen among close contacts of returned travelers from China. Cases of COVID-19 and instances of community spread are being reported in a growing number of states.
Stay informed – the situation with the coronavirus is fluid and the CDC continues to update its website daily with the latest information and advice for the public.
Remember to take everyday preventive actions that are always recommended to combat the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible. Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
Given the rapidly-evolving situation with COVID-19, it is prudent to revisit your organization’s emergency preparedness plans, including any pandemic planning. The CDC has made planning guides and checklists available for community and faith-based organizations, educational institutions, workplaces and individual households.
Other Helpful Links:
Visit Church Mutual's Coronavirus website here.
Houses of Worship:
Senior Living Communities:
- Preparing for COVID-19 in long-term care facilities, nursing homes
- Preparing for COVID-19 in assisted living facilities
- Preparing for COVID-19 in retirement communities and independent living facilities
Third-Party Disclaimer: Links that may be accessed via this site are for the convenience of our site users. The information, content and materials contained on any site to which you link from this site are solely the responsibility of the provider of that website. Use of the hyperlinks provided on this website are “At Your Own Risk.” Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. (a stock insurer)1, its Board of Directors, Officers, and Employees have not expressed any implied or direct warranty or guaranty for the linked website or company.