CM Sensor® system protects you
If you are involved with property maintenance at your organization’s facility, chances are you’ve had to deal with at least some amount of water damage—frozen pipes, flooding or leaks. It’s an unpleasant discovery, not only because of the challenges you face to solve the problem but also the expense of mitigating damage that’s already been done. Insurance certainly helps give you peace of mind. But at Church Mutual, we offer more than just coverage for damages incurred—we provide qualifying customers with a CM Sensor 24/7 temperature and water alert system free of charge.
You probably don’t have someone present at your facility 24 hours a day, seven days a week. During the long hours when your building is empty, it becomes susceptible to damage from water or water-related incidents, such as leaking or frozen pipes. The CM Sensor system sends alerts when there is excess water in a given area or a significant drop in temperature. It provides 24/7 protection from frozen pipes and water damage, notifying you via text message, email or mobile app when it detects water or cold temperatures.
CM Sensor kits include:
- A SmartBase, which receives information from the water leak and temperature sensors and alerts the designated contact person to an issue.
- Water leak and temperature sensors, which should be placed in areas susceptible to localized water leaks or freezing temperatures.
When you receive an alert from the CM Sensor system
In an ideal world, of course, you wouldn’t need the CM Sensor system at all. But if you ever do receive an alert, you’ll be glad you installed and activated your kit.
Here are the steps you’ll want to follow:
- After you are notified about an urgent condition, review the information in the notification and send someone to investigate the area in question.
- If your facility has experienced water damage, you need to determine the source of the problem, e.g. roof leak, pipe leak, flooding or other source of damage, and resolve it. For minimal damage, you may be able to use a vacuum to remove the water.
- If your facility has frozen pipes that haven’t burst, you should immediately turn up the heat to warm them up as quickly as possible.
- Call your insurance company to determine next steps.
At Church Mutual, we’ve got your back. Learn more about our CM Sensor program and how we can save you boatloads of money in damages.